During the mango season in the mid-year in Punjab, one can see at any rate a few stonewares jostles loaded with cured crude mangoes developing in the sun outside homes.
This average Punjabi Aam Ka Achaar Recipe is generally famous in the district. The blend of fennel seeds, nigella seeds with mustard, and other pickling flavors is the thing that recognizes this mango pickle from its similarly popular Gujarati partner. Sun-dried mangoes utilized in this pickle bestow a pungent chewy character and furthermore improve the timeframe of realistic usability of the pickle.
This is a straightforward formula to follow. Simply remember the essentials of pickle making a clean disinfected container, see that there is no dampness and guarantee that mustard oil shapes a covering layer over the fixings in the container.
Instructions to make Punjabi Mango Pickle
Before you start take the flavors and salt in little dishes and save them in daylight for 1 to 2 hours. This progression is discretionary yet helps in disposing of any dampness from the flavors and salt.
The Spices utilized in this mango pickle are
- ¼ cup Fenugreek seeds (methi seeds)
- ¼ cup Fennel seeds (saunf)
- ¼ cup Mustard Seeds (Sarson)
- ¼ cup Nigella seeds (kalonji)
- 3 tablespoons Turmeric Powder
- ¼ cup Red Chili Powder
Planning Time: 15 mins Sun Drying Time: 4 days Total Time: 4 days 15 mins
- 1kg unripe green mangoes or 7 to 7.5 cups slashed mangoes
- ¼ cup or 40 grams mustard seeds (Sarson)
- ¼ cup or 45 grams fenugreek seeds (methi)
- ¼ cup or 30 grams fennel seeds (saunf)
- ¼ tablespoon or 30 grams nigella seeds (kalonji)
- 3 tablespoons or 15 grams turmeric powder
- ¼ cup or 25 grams red bean stew powder
- ½ cup or add as required rock salt (eatable and food grade)
- 3 cups mustard oil – add more whenever required
Quick Steps To Follow:
- Before you start take the flavors and salt in little dishes and save them in daylight for 1 to 2 hours.
- This progression is discretionary yet helps in disposing of any dampness from the flavors and salt.
- Later take the fenugreek seeds and mustard seeds in a dry processor container or a zest processor and pound to a coarse blend.
- Flush and wipe the unripe green mangoes and let them dry normally.
- You can even wipe them dry with a perfect kitchen towel.
Making Punjabi Mango Pickle
- Cleave the mangoes into 1.5 inches pieces.
- what’s more, add them to a bowl.
- Dispose of the stones however strip off the substance from the stones assuming any.
- No compelling reason to eliminate the external skin of the mangoes in the event that they are delicate and delicate.
- Take the cleaved mangoes in an enormous non-responsive blending bowl.
- Presently first add the ground fenugreek seeds and mustard seeds.
- At that point add fennel seeds, nigella seeds, turmeric powder and red bean stew powder, and salt.
- With a steel or wooden spoon, blend very well so the flavors consistently coat the mango pieces.
- Check the flavor of the pickle masala combination or 1 to 2 mango pieces.
- The taste ought to be somewhat pungent.
- On the off chance that not, at that point add some more salt.
- Then, pour ½ cup of mustard oil.
- Blend well overall.
- Spoon the readied pickle combination in a spotless artistic container or glass container.
- Utilize a perfect spoon.
- Cover with top and keep in daylight for 3 to 4 days.
- Note that the daylight ought to be generally excellent with the solid sunbeams falling on the pickling container.
- It ought not to be shady or dim.
- Consistently after sun-drying at night, open the cover and give a delicate blend to the pickle with a perfect spoon.
- Take the mango pieces settled at the base upwards in the container and give an intensive blend.
- Essentially blending and throwing that should be finished. Do this consistently.
- At night, get the container inside and keep it in a cool dry spot. The next morning again keeps in the daylight.
- In the wake of keeping in the daylight for 3 to 4 days, add the excess 2.5 cups of mustard oil.
- Again with a perfect spoon blend well indeed.
- The oil ought to leak inside the container and arrive at the lower part of the container as well.
- You need all the mango pieces to be encircled with some oil.
Note that you don’t have to warm the mustard oil. You can add more mustard oil whenever required. Do take note that the mustard oil should drift over the pickle by 2 to 3 inches never forget to keep the oil coasting over the pickle.
- Seal with the top keeps in a cool dry spot for 4 days till everything gets mellowed and salted.
- At first, you may discover a somewhat harsh insight with regards to the pickle, yet following 6 to 7 days, the sharpness will disappear.
- This Punjabi mango pickle remains useful for a year at room temperature without refrigeration.
- Appreciate this Punjabi mango pickle with any Indian supper.