Chane Ka Khatta is an Indian curry produced using dark chickpeas (kale chane) cooked in a tart and hot sauce enhanced with tamarind (imli).
This is perhaps the most mainstream dish from the northern province of Himachal Pradesh where it is normally set up in each family unit and is eaten with plain steamed rice.
Kale Chane ka khatta is likewise one of the principal dishes arranged in Himachali Dham, which is a mainstream conventional dining experience in Himachal Pradesh, arranged on extraordinary events like weddings, celebrations, and so on
‘Khatta’ in Hindi methods harsh. As the name proposes, this dish has a sharp taste where the prevailing flavor comes from the expansion of imli (tamarind). Amchur (dry mango powder) can likewise be utilized as a substitute for all things being equal.
Total Time: 25 mins Planning Time: 5 mins cook time: 20 mins
- 1.5 Cups Boiled Black Chickpeas (Kala Chana)
- 1-2 Green Chillies
- 2 Tablespoons Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1/8 Teaspoon Asafoetida (Heeng)
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Tamarind Powder (Imli)
- 1 Teaspoon Mint Powder (Pudina)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds (Saunf)
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
Quick Steps to Follow:
- Warmth oil in a dish.
- Add cumin seeds (jeera) and asafoetida (hing).
- At the point when cumin seeds begin to splutter, add finely hacked green chilies.
- Sautéed food for a couple of moments, at that point, add red bean stew powder, coriander powder, and salt.
- At that point add the entire wheat flour and cook briefly till it gets simmered.
- This structures the base for the sauce.
- You can likewise utilize Besan (Chickpea flour) as a substitute for entire wheat flour.
- Blend tamarind powder with water to frame a glue.
- At that point add it to the skillet alongside dry mint powder (pudina) and fennel seeds.
- Add the bubbled chickpeas to the container.
- Blend and cook for several minutes.
- Add two cups of water and let the sauce stew on high warmth.
- After the main bubble, diminish the warmth to a base and cook it for 4-5 minutes while it thickens.
- Our heavenly Himachali Kale Chane ka Khatta is prepared.
- Serve it hot with steamed rice.