Momos are mainstream road food in northern pieces of India. Momos also called Dim Sum and dumplings made using flour with stuffing. Let us take a look at how to make these famous Tibetan momos recipe of simple vegetable momos without any preparation with two collapsing strategies. The formula is vegetarian.
momos are dumplings made with flour and flavorful stuffing. This stuffing can be made with veggies, fish, chicken, or paneer
Momos can be steamed, heated, or southern style. We favor steamed momos over the singed ones. Here we are making steamed momos.
Planning Time: 30 mins Cook Time: 1 hr Complete Time: 1 hr 30 mins
INGREDIENTS FOR MOMOS RECIPE
For The Dumpling Dough
- 1 cup generally useful flour – 125 grams
- ½ teaspoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt or as required
- 2 to 3 tablespoon water for manipulating or as required
For Vegetable Stuffing
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 little measured spring onions (scallions) finely cleaved – save the greens to be added later
- ½ teaspoon finely hacked garlic or 3 to 4 little measured garlic, finely cleaved
- 1.5 to 1.75 cups finely chopped blended vegetables (I added ½ cup slashed cabbage, ½ cup cleaved carrots, ⅓ cup hacked french beans, and ¼ cup hacked capsicum)
- ½ cup hacked white catch mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce.
- ½ teaspoon dark pepper powder or as required
- salt as required
Quick Steps to Follow:
- Take the generally useful flour, salt, oil in a bowl and blend them well with a spoon.
- Add water in parts and work to a firm batter.
- Cover the mixture and save aside for 30 minutes.
Making Vegetable Stuffing
- Finely hack all the vegetables.
- You can likewise utilize a food processor to hack the vegetables.
- In a thick-lined dish heat oil.
- Add finely slashed garlic. Sauté for 2 to 3 seconds on medium-low warmth.
- Add spring onion whites and sauté for 10 to 15 seconds on medium-low warmth.
- At that point add all the finely hacked vegetables.
- Increment the fire and pan-fried food the vegetables on medium to high warmth.
- On the off chance that you have not utilized a thick-lined dish, at that point saute the veggies on low to medium warmth.
- Sauté or pan-fried food for 2 to 3 minutes.
- At that point add soy sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Keep on mixing fry on a medium to high fire for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Switch off the fire and add the spring onions greens. Blend well.
- Check the taste and add more salt, pepper, or soy sauce, whenever required.
- Put the stuffing aside until it cools totally.
- Separation the batter into two sections. Make a 7 to 8 inches log from each part. Cut the sign into equivalent cuts.
- Make a chunk of each cut and keep them covered with a soggy napkin.
- Take every mixture ball and on a gently tidied board, fold every batter ball into a slender circle of around 3 to 4 creeps in measurement.
- Attempt to persuade the edges to be slender and the middle to be thick.
- Spot 2 or 3 teaspoons of vegetable stuffing in the middle.
- Lift one side of the edge and begin creasing. (Allude to the video beneath to perceive how creasing is finished).
- Begin collapsing and shaping the creases individually.
- Towards the end, join the creases in the middle.
- Set up all momos along these lines and keep them covered under a soggy napkin. Till you are prepared to steam them.
Steaming Veg Momos
- Warmth 1.5 to 2 cups water in a liner or in an electric cooker or in a pressing factor cooker.
- Allow the water to reach boiling point.
- In a lubed liner skillet or in idli molds, place the momos keeping some space between them so they don’t contact one another.
- Check notes on the most proficient method to steam the momos in an idli container or pressing factor cooker or Instant Pot.
- Steam them for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Try not to exaggerate the steaming, as the mixture gets thick and dry.
- The steaming time may fluctuate upon the thickness of momos’ cover.
- At the point when you contact the momo the batter ought not to feel tacky to you.
- This implies they are done and the momos will have a straightforward look.
- The hour of cooking differs from the force of the fire and sort of dish and the liner you are utilizing.
- When done, eliminate them and keep them on a serving plate or plate. Enhancement with spring onion greens.
- Serve veg momos with a fiery sauce like schezwan sauce or tomato-stew sauce or bean stew sauce. You can likewise serve it with red bean stew garlic chutney.