- All-purpose flour/Maida – 1 cup
- Besan – 2 tablespoons
- Eno fruit salt – 1 small packet
- Curd/Yoghurt – 1/4 cup
- Water as needed
- Ghee or oil for frying
- FOR SUGAR SYRUP
- Sugar – 1 1/2 cup
- Water – 3/4 cup
- Kesar/Saffron strands – 12-15
- Rose essence – 1 teaspoon
- Milk – 250 ml
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Chopped almonds – 2 tablespoons
- Chopped pistachios – 2 tablespoons
- Chopped cashew nuts – 2 tablespoons
- Silver vark
- Homemade mawa/khoya – 4 tablespoons
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- First, boil the milk in a pan with the sugar, then add the Mawa. Mix thoroughly.
- Mix in the dry nuts well.
- Continuously whisk in the rose essence and cardamom powder.
- Allow this mixture to boil until it has reduced to half its original volume or has a gritty texture.
- Remove it from the flame when it gets gritty and thick.
- Allow it to cool before placing it in the refrigerator.
- To prepare the sugar syrup, boil a pan and add the sugar and water, stirring constantly.
- Bring it to a boil until the sugar has dissolved.
- After that, add the kesar strands and the food colouring.
- Continue to whisk until it reaches a thick, one-string consistency.
- Remove the pan from the heat and cover the sugar syrup, since we want hot sugar syrup for dipping the fried jalebis.
- To begin making the jalebi, whisk together the all-purpose flour, besan, curd, and water in a mixing dish.
- We need to prepare a pourable batter, so add a bit more water if necessary.
- Mix in the Eno fruit salt well.
- Pour the batter into a jalebi maker and set it aside until ready to use.
- To produce flawless Jalebi shapes, melt ghee in a pan and pour the jalebi batter from inside to outside.
- Fry it until it turns golden brown on both sides.
- Carefully dip it into the sugar syrup for at least 30-40 seconds, then flip it over and dip it for another 10 seconds with the assistance of a splinter.
- Serve it on a plate. Silver vark and the remainder of the nuts go on top.
- Serve with cold Rabri on top.
- With this delicious quick jalebi and Rabri, you can enjoy your festivals in style.
For more images or detail go to our Facebook page