Veg Manchurian is an addictive Indo-Chinese dish made with wisps of vegetables framed into dumplings and dunked into a sauce that detonates with hot, sweet, sharp, and pungent flavors.
Indo-Chinese food has a long history in India, and one of its most delightful parts is surely the Manchurian.
This dish of vegetable dumplings in a lustrous, rich-earthy colored sauce with intense notes of tart, sweet, zesty, and pungent is difficult to stand up to.
Prep Time: 25 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Total Time: 40 mins
Ingredients of Veg Manchurian:
For the Manchurian balls:
- ½ head cabbage (green or purple both are fine)
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium green chime pepper
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic glue
- 2-3 green Chilli.
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup all-purpose flour (use rice flour if without gluten)
- ¼ cup corn starch
- Any Vegetable oil
For the Manchurian sauce:
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 12 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 2 green chilli
- 1 little green bell pepper cut into blocks.
- 1 little onion cut into blocks
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1-2 tbsp hot red chilli sauce
- 2-4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- ½ tsp powdered ginger
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp corn starch
- 2 spring onion (finely chopped)
Quick steps to Follow:
Make the Manchurian balls:
- Warmth oil for searing in a wok or fryer.
- Mesh the entirety of the veggies, including the onion, with a more prominent or better, in a food processor.
- Spot the veggies and the remainder of the fixings in the bowl and blend until a ball-shaped with the veggies holds together.
- You don’t need the balls to be sticky, however, on the off chance that totally essential, add somewhat more flour if necessary to tie.
- Shape the combination into ¾-inch balls (you ought to get around 32) and smooth each marginally prior to adding to the hot oil.
- You can sear a few all at once yet don’t pack the dish.
- Turn the Manchurian balls over depending on the situation so they are brilliant earthy colored on the two sides.
- Eliminate them to a dish fixed with paper towels and put them in a safe spot.
Make the Manchurian sauce:
- To make the sauce, place the wok on high warmth and when it is extremely hot, pour the oil in at the edges of the container.
- Add the garlic and pan-fried food for only 10 seconds or something like that, at that point promptly include the chime peppers and onion.
- Saute one moment, at that point add the sauces individually in the focal point of the wok- the ketchup, tamari, stew sauce, vinegar, maple syrup, and powdered ginger.
- Combine as one rapidly and afterward add four cups of water to the wok.
- Heat to the point of boiling and taste the sauce.
- If necessary, add salt.
- Blend the cornstarch with 4 tbsp water and add a little at a time until the sauce thickens.
- You don’t need to utilize every last bit of it- stop when the sauce is thick enough for your enjoyment.
- Cook the sauce until it reaches boiling point and becomes gleaming, 2-4 minutes.
- Add the Manchurian balls.
- Mood killer warmth and season with scallions prior to serving.
- Present with Fried rice.