This Vegetable Stew is not difficult to make gently spiced, sensitive, and sweet-smelling stew made with blended vegetables, coconut milk, and flavors. A well-known stew from Kerala cooking. Sans gluten and vegetarian.
Kerala vegetable stew is so natural to plan. You simply need to temper and cook the veggies. In the event that you can’t have it with appams, at that point simply serve the stew with steamed rice. On the off chance that you don’t have slight coconut milk, at that point cook the vegetables in water all things considered.
Planning Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 30 mins Total Time: 40 mins
- 2 little to medium-sized carrots
- 2 or 1 huge potato
- ¾ or 1 cup peas
- 70 to 80 grams french beans
- 1 huge onion
- 3 to 4 garlic
- 1-inch ginger
- 2 to 3 green chilies, cut
- 1.5-inch cinnamon (dalchini)
- 4 to 5 cloves – squashed or kept the entirety
- 1 teaspoon squashed dark pepper
- 3 to 4 green cardamoms – mashed or kept entire
- 2.5 cups slender coconut milk or water * check notes for pressure cooking the veggies with water
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 12 to 15 curry leaves
- 2 to 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- salt as required
- sugar as required
Quick Steps To Follow:
- Warmth coconut oil.
- Add the entire and squashed flavors – cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves, dark pepper.
- Saute them till fragrant.
- At that point add the ginger, garlic, green chilies, cut onions, and curry leaves.
- Saute till the onions become clear.
- Try not to brown the onions.
- Add the cleaved veggies and mix well.
- Add slender coconut milk or water.
- Cover the container and cook the veggies.
- The veggies ought to be cooked till they are delicate and done.
- Ultimately, add the thick coconut milk.
- Mix well and stew for simply a large portion of a moment.
- In the event that you need it, you can likewise warm a couple of teaspoons of oil and fry curry leaves in it still fresh.
- At that point add this curry leaves hardening from the top prior to serving the veg stew.
- Serve vegetable stew with appams or steamed rice.
In the event that utilizing water rather than slight coconut milk, you can utilize the pressing factor cooker for cooking the veggies.
Simply add 2 cups of water and pressing factor cook for 2 to 3 whistles.