Vastu Shastra is an ancient Indian architectural and design system that has gained worldwide acclaim. Vastu principles are based on the notion that the design and layout of a building can have a major impact on the well-being of the people who live in it. This blog will discuss why Vastu matters for your health and provide some tips for creating a balanced living space.
Introduction to Vastu Shastra
Vastu Shastra is an ancient Indian architectural system that focuses on creating natural-looking living spaces. Vastu principles are based on nature’s five elements: earth, water, fire, air, and space. In Vastu, one should design a building to enhance the flow of positive energy or “prana” while reducing negative energy or “doshas”.
Vastu can have a significant impact on your health and well-being. The design and layout of your living space can affect your physical health, mental health, and overall sense of well-being. For example, a Vastu-compliant home can promote better sleep, reduce stress, and improve overall health.
Tips for Creating a Balanced Living Space
To incorporate Vastu principles into your living space, here are some tips to begin with:
The entry to your home is most important in Vastu Shastra. The entry is believed to be the gateway for energy to flow into your home. A well-designed entry can promote positive energy and create a welcoming atmosphere. Here are some tips for creating a balance entry:
- The entrance should be well-lit and free of clutter.
- The entry should be easily visible from the street.
- The entrance should be in the northeast, north, or east direction.
Design the bedroom to promote good sleep and relaxation as it is meant to be a place of unwinding. Here are some tips for creating a Vastu-compliant bedroom:
- For Vastu compliance, position the bedroom towards the southwest direction of the house.
- The bed should be placed so the head is in the south or east order.
- The bedroom should be free of clutter and unnecessary furniture.
The kitchen is an important part of the home, and it is vital to design it to promote good health and well-being. Here are some tips for creating a Vastu-compliant kitchen:
- Locate the kitchen in the southeast direction of the house.
- The kitchen should be well-lit and well-ventilated.
- The cooking stove should be located in the kitchen’s southeast corner.
The Living Room
Creating a welcoming and comfortable living room is crucial as it’s the space where family and friends gather. Here are some tips for creating a Vastu-compliant living room:
- The living room should be facing northeast, north, or east.
- The living room should be free of clutter and unnecessary furniture.
- A lot of natural light and good ventilation are necessary for the living room
The study or home office is where you focus on work and productivity, and it is essential to design it to promote concentration and creativity. Here are some tips for creating a Vastu-compliant study/office:
- The study/office should be located in the north or east direction of the house.
- While working, the desk should be positioned so that you are facing north or east.
- The study/office should be free of clutter and unnecessary furniture.
Colors and Decor
Colors and decor can also impact the Vastu-compliance of your living space. Here are some best tips to keep in mind:
- In the bedroom, use soothing colors such as light blue, green, and lavender to promote relaxation.
- In the living room, warm hues like red, orange, and yellow can be employed to craft a lively and inviting ambiance.
- Avoid using sharp or angular decor, as these can make negative energy.
Plants and Natural Elements
Incorporating plants and natural elements into your living space can create a harmonious environment.
- Incorporate natural materials such as wood and stone into your decor. Use plants such as bamboo and peace lilies to purify the air and promote positive energy.
- Here are some tips to consider:
- Avoid placing plants or natural elements in the bedroom, as they can create excess energy and disrupt sleep.
Overall, Vastu Shastra can significantly impact your health and well-being. By incorporating Vastu principles into your living space, you can create a balanced and harmonious environment that promotes good health and well-being. The tips we have discussed in this blog are just a starting point, and there are many other Vastu principles that you can explore to create the perfect living space for you and your family.