Puttu Recipe presented with kadala curry is perhaps the most mainstream breakfast blend from Kerala. Puttu is a basically steamed rice with crushed coconut.
The mix of delicate puttu with kadala curry (dark chickpeas curry) is wonderful and you should taste it to understand what I mean. Customarily puttu was made in bamboo logs and this gave the puttu a stunning smell.
Planning Time: 4 mins Cook Time: 16 mins Absolute Time: 20 mins
Ingredients Of Puttu Recipe:
- 1 cup puttu flour
- ⅓ cup water or add as required
- ⅓ teaspoon salt or add as required
- ½ cup new ground coconut
- 2 to 3 cups water for steaming
Quick Steps to Make Puttu Recipe:
Making Puttu Flour Mixture
- Take 1 cup puttu flour in a blending bowl or a container.
- Add ⅓ teaspoon salt or as required.
- Presently sprinkle ⅓ cup water all finished.
- Pour water as required in rice flour.
- So you can add in like manner.
- Blend the rice flour with your fingertips.
- To get delicate puttu, the measure of rice flour to water proportion is significant.
- To check this tenderly press a little segment of the flour between your palms.
- It should shape a knot.
- At the point when you press this flour knot more, at that point, it breaks and disintegrates.
- This ought to be the surface of the flour.
- Break all the little irregularities in the flour with your fingertips.
- You can even pound this rice flour blend in a processor to break knots.
- In any case, pound in little clumps and utilize the beat choice of blender processor.
- Presently pour 2 cups of water in the base vessel of the puttu kudam.
- Keep on the burner and let it get warmed.
- Then in front of the rest of the competition the punctured plate inside the round and hollow vessel.
- At that point add 2 to 3 tablespoons of new coconut in the tube-shaped vessel of the puttu kudam and spread uniformly.
- At that point tenderly add the puttu flour till it arrives at half of the barrel-shaped vessel.
- Again add 2 to 3 tablespoons of ground coconut and spread uniformly.
- At that point add the puttu flour once more.
- Cover the top segment with 2 to 3 tablespoons of ground coconut and spread uniformly.
- Cover with the top.
- Spot the tube-shaped part on top of the base vessel where the water more likely than not to reach boiling point.
- Steam puttu on medium fire till you see steam delivering from the top vents of the tube-shaped vessel.
- At this stage turn-off flame.
- Eliminate the tube-shaped part from the base vessel and permit the puttu inside to cool for 3 to 4 minutes.
- At that point utilizing a wooden stick or the stick that went with the puttu kudam, eliminate the steamed puttu.
- Serve puttu with kadala curry, potato stew, or veg stew.